Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Monday, August 21, 2006

11 Days to go!!!


Well It is only 11 days to go and I get to meet the fantastic and very talented Julie Heard & her adorable family. They are coming up to stay for almost a week and I cannot wait!!!
Julie & I have been good friends since January and talk at least 2 times a day on messenger and on the Embellished site also. She was one of the people who kept me going when I was still in Newcastle and Glenn was already up here in Rocky. Some people have the attitude that cyber friends are not real....WEll that is CRAP!! Since moving to Rockhampton, I have really learned who my friends are....those who have been really close to me for years have made NO effort to contact me, email me...anything...sad really...... But Julie on the other hand is always there...it doesn't matter where I live it makes no difference to her (except 17 hrs extra driving to come and visit...lol).
So thanks JULIE & Steven, You both are great friends and we are SO looking forward to seeing you!!!
This is a layout that I got 95% finished in the one hour challenge....YES this was the first time i didn't meet the time deadline!!! Anthea inspired me to stitch my title....I have realised stitched titles are NOT for one hour challenges!!....lol
I finished the journalling while watching TV last night....and above is the finished product!!
Have a great day
& remember
'Life is what YOU make of it'
Ali x x x

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Ali - you are awesome you know! love the layout and cannot wait for the days to pass and hit the road. hope your havin a great day up there

10:32 am  
Blogger Anthea said...

I am the same, I love my cyber friend, and I have to agree, they can be there for you mive then the IRL ones! your so lucky to have a good friend like Julie! friends like her are very special and hard to come by! you will have a ball!!

love that LO!

2:58 pm  
Blogger Julie said...

Ditto for the online friends comment. There are times when I get more support from my online friends than the ones I've got close at hand. Enjoy your visitors Ali and make sure you get lots of pics.{LOL}

5:04 pm  
Blogger BethJ said...

Gorgeous layout Ali!

10:31 pm  
Blogger Terri B said...

Ali, as the other ladies have said..online friends are awesome & at times so much better then IRL ones. I have great friends both online & IRL...my online friends I have known for years & I am finally meeting one of my dearest ones at my wedding in a few weeks time. I so cant wait to meet her!!

At the end of the day...friends are friends no matter where or how you meet.

11:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home